Their Current Processing Times chart shows up-to-date processing information for beverage alcohol formulas, both those that require sample analysis and those that do not. Use this chart, which they update daily, to estimate when your formula application is likely to be processed.
They review formula applications in the order they receive them. If you submitted your formula application or laboratory sample after the date in the chart below, then They have received your application but they have NOT assigned it to a formula specialist.
NOTE: If your formula application requires a sample for lab analysis, they begin analyzing your sample shortly after receiving it. After analyzing the sample, they return the formula application to the application queue based on the date they originally received the sample.
Reading the Chart
- Application Type— They list the current information for formula applications where no sample analysis is required by commodity, i.e., distilled spirits, malt beverages, and wine. The formula applications for all commodities where sample analysis is required are shown in the bottom row of the chart.
- Average Formula Processing Time (Calendar Days)— This column lists the average number of days it takes to process your application, from the time They receive it (or your lab sample) until either they approve or reject it. This includes any time spent waiting in the queue, time to analyze your samples (if required), and any time spent sending electronic applications back and forth for correction.
- Today They are Processing New* Applications where either the Formula or Sample was Received On— If you originally submitted your application or lab sample after the date posted in this column, then they have received your application but have NOT assigned it to a formula specialist and won’t have any information about your application status.
|Current Beverage Alcohol Formula Processing Times: As of: 3 / 10 / 2017 5:35 AM|
|Application Type||Average Processing Time
|Today they are Processing New* Applications where either the Formula or Sample was Received On:|
|Distilled Spirit Formulas||2 Days||3 / 3 / 2017|
|Malt Beverage Formulas||1 Days||3 / 6 / 2017|
|Wine Formulas||1 Days||3 / 6 / 2017|
|All Formulas that require Sample Analysis||24 Days||2 / 10 / 2017|
*New applications are those they have not yet reviewed; however, electronic applications resubmitted with corrections always take priority over new applications.
Need a Status Check?
- Remember— It’s as easy as logging into your Formulas Online account – available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — to check on the status of your application.
2016 Formulation applications (all types) received year-to-date: 2,633 (as of 03/05/2017)
For more related information, visit these Web pages:
- COLAs Online and Formulas Online Registrations Processing Times
- Permit Application Processing Times
- Label Application Processing Times